Friday, August 5, 2011

Let Go, Let God...

Earlier I tweeted "Feeling free. That's what happens when you let go, & let God" meaning not worrying about a thing & leaving it up to him to deal with. His power & strength is much more stronger than my own. At times I feel defeated. Well many times. For example: Turning in a job application, and not worrying about if you'll get an interview/job. I'm not stressing myself over this part of my life anymore. I haven't been since interview number 2! God has a plan for me...

I just need to remind myself that God is not done working on me & blessing me. All of this is just another test...lesson. Almost like the whole too good to be true before something great happens or appears again. My patience is something that I've been working on for the longest. I may never master that. But I can say I have a better grip on self control. Meaning what I say (watching what I say & to who), how I think (affirmation) & engaging in certain things. Like I've said before, I'm a work in progress.

Thank you Lord for your unconditional love, overwhelming supply of gifts, & for making me ME!  



6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I am still working on self control but I know with GOD all things are possible! Thank you for your sweet comment! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. God told Job that Job only knows part but God knows all. If we look at our lives like a picture, and realize that often times we only know what can see but that it is way more too it than the pictures landscaping. So to understand is to understand we only see half the picture but God sees the whole picture. We can try to predict our lives and guess upon the future but ultimately God's will is his plan and it what he is going to act on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kiah thank you!
    @Dae I know there are things that I can't see that God can only see. I need to just face the fact that I can't paint this picture. I can only follow as He leads me. That's another thing I'm learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Ashley. It's so funny you mention turning in a job application and not worrying. I did that last week and started to worry right away. (I'm a teacher and the school I work @ closed.)You're so right. "Let go and let God"

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post ash!!! After sitting in my car last night for two hours just thinking and writing down a list i feel so much better. I had no distraction just sitting there thinking, no phone,no radio. Just me and my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kimba God definitely has a plan for you girl. Don't give up & continue to have faith. They say the best time to strengthen your faith is when you're going through it.

    @Kiki That's the best time. I love it. Little things like that is therapeutic. The easiest things are the biggest things we should take in consideration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)