Sunday, August 7, 2011

1 Year Being Natural....Woot Woot!!!

Yesterday (8/6) marked 1 year being natural!!! It also marked month 3 of being on this hair challenge. As I stated in my 10 months being natural post HERE I had my last relaxer Spring 2010. Doesn't seem that long ago. I wish I knew the EXACT month. Anyways, I'm super happy with the progress I've been making with this challenge.


RANDOM: When I got a weave put in in August, the chick that did it, braided my hair entirely TOO freaking tight! So tight that at the time it left a bump & my hair broke off. Well today, my hair is good as new & as long as my hair. A few months ago it was real short. When I would try to do twists/braids I could never catch it. But now it's back to brand new. That's ONE way I know this hair challenge is working. From transitioning in Dec, to actually going through this hair challenge and chopping my hair off actually makes me happy that I went ahead & did it. As I'm slowly approaching the ending of this challenge (Nov) I'm thinking of doing another hair challenge. By that time, I'm sure my hair will 100% be in its natural state (curly/wavy), and I'll be able to focus on length and retaining it more.


Ps. I do not own the picture in this post. HERE is where I got it from.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Congrats on being natural for year and being on your hair journey for 3 months!

    I'm currently doing a summer hair challenge and I hope to see good results :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girly! Really? That's great. Every little bit helps. Our hair loves TLC :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)