Sunday, February 13, 2011

Old Posts: Relationships


The Advice, friends, & letting go!
Okay, so I’m NOT an expert in relationships nor have a degree or specialize in communication within relationships. BUT, I am currently in a relationship and a Communications major. What I state in this blog is strictly MY opinion, and only that.
I want to touch base on a few things. Like taking advice from friends about your relationship with your SO (significant other), LDR (long distance relationships), & being open (communicating).

There’s nothing more important in a relationship than communicating with one another and about any and everything. If anything that person is your best friend right? When I mean any & everything I truly do mean that, how can someone that loves you be there for you if they don’t know what’s going on with you? Or just being on the same page. It’s important to know what the both of you want out of the relationship you’re in.

Ladies if the guy your with doesn’t see YOU in his future but you wish to be there, then that dude is NOT for you. If you want to get married & he doesn’t see that happening then take the highway. There’s nothing more that I hate than females thinking they have to stay with their current dude that truly doesn’t want to be with them, but she’s too scared to be alone. Well honey let me tell you, if his goals and your goals aren’t similar then what’s the use? And if you’re a believer you will ALWAYS have God by your side. :sigh: I say this to many but they look at me like “girl please”. If you can’t accept yourself why expect someone else to? (Yea, I said it!)
Hmm long distance relationships. Very touchy and controversial opinions on this topic. It’s NOT for everyone and they CAN indeed work. If you don’t trust the person you’re in the LDR with then it won’t work. Nothing is easy…so yes there will be bumps in the road (like any other relationship) and LDR are not the same as the “other” types of relationships. If in fact you are in a LDR and need support join this yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WishYouWereHere/

Alright, last but not least! Receiving advice from friends. Ladies we have this BAD. Don’t get me wrong there’s nothing wrong with venting about certain problems in your relationship (but I draw the line somewhere) getting your friends opinions, but 9/10 you’re getting it from a friend that’s single…what does that say? It’s like the MatchMaker woman giving advice to the different guys and gals about relationship crap & she was single? Lolidk seems backwards. Anyways, not to sound full of myself but females could get catty, and you may have a friend or two that may not want to see you happy & may manipulate your relationship & start to plant little seeds in your head. Everyone’s situation & relationship is different so, the advice I may give to my friend may not fit her, but it’s strictly my opinion. (& I myself only give advice when it’s asked & an opinion when giving an ex of my own relationship). You don’t have to make a LIFE changing decision off of someone’s decision. Don’t screw your relationship up over something someone maybe saying about you and yours.
A few of my quotes that I tweeted yesterday & a few people RT’d them so I thought I post them here as well.

Ladies if you're not supporting your mans goals & dreams & only yours...that relationship will indeed *fail*
If you have a man that accepts you flaws & all & loves you unconditionally, hold on to him. Don't let outsiders doubt the love u have.
-Ashley (ME)

My Soulful Songs: Enjoy!
-Stronger by Mary J
-I look to you Whitney H.
-Pretty Wings Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :)