Sunday, February 13, 2011

Old Post: The Breakup...It's Over Now


As some of you may recall, I WAS in a long distance relationship. Yes it's over. I ended it last month for many reasons. I still believe that LDR can work, but there's a low percentage in how successful LDR  are & those that actually last.

Do I regret it? Not at all. Things weren't going the way I wanted them to anymore. I don't settle for less. Why stick around and assume & hope things will change? I can't change an adult and their ways. So it was best for me to just end it. It wasn't easy at all. Because this was person I saw myself marrying & was with for 3yrs & some months (I don't care to be accurate). We had history!!! History that still till this day reminds me of him. It's like every little thing reminds me of him, music, relationship talk, certain colors etc. Just random things. It's like I can't escape him.

How did I know it was time to end it? I really didn't know. But I did know that things in the relationship began to change. I actually had to ask God to guide me and give me signs to show me if I should end it, and he did. I remember it so vividly. There were just little things that could have been avoided if he (Ex) did better on his part. I'm not saying I'm innocent, but I do feel like I did put in MORE effort (So typical of us women right?).

So the healing process I'm going through is VERY rollercoaster-ish. Some days are better than others. If anything I thank God for taking me out of the situation, even though the person I fell in love was my first love. I don't think guys realize the power that consist & make up a relationship. I say power in a sense of the love one person has over another. At times I think, why was I put in this situation to feel like I wasted 3yrs with someone that basically threw what we had away? Is it because I may not fall in love? Is it because God wanted to show me a different form of love? I don't know. But I do know that, through God I can do anything!

I also do believe I was spending too much time (even with the distance in my relationship) dealing with my relationship and not putting God first. He definitely doesn't like coming second, and I'm not afraid to share my faults, I was off task and put him to the side every now & then. So I do think he wanted me to end that relationship for multiple reasons. Having  God in your relationship makes things MUCH smoother. Don't believe me? Try it.

With life, there's so many things we have to deal with from a day-to-day basis. I don't know how those that don't have God in their lives pretend that they can do it on their own. All in all this healing process that I'm going through is much needed. I will NOT be jumping into a relationship anytime soon. I don't see how people can do that. It's just not healthy at all. I need my time to heal....

3 comments:

  1. it must have been really tough.. I am sure there will be a day when you wake up and you wont be able to feel anything about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to order a book from amazon called "His Rules- God's practial road map to finding and attracting mr. or mrs. right. It sounds interesting. Because like you, you have put "him" first in order to attract the right mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sauniya I'm hoping so! It has been really rough.

    @Vanessa thank you for sharing that book, I'm going to check it out. I'm actually going to post a few books I've read in a second. Sounds like a good book I would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)