Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update [5] 2011 Hair Challenge- June Hair Regimen

My June hair routine was very simple. Months ago when I was transitioning, I spent a lot of time on my hair, now I can admit I've gotten lazy. I haven't been moisturizing my hair like I promised myself and like I use to. 


With my hair & goals, it's a must that I spritz, or use one of my water/oils concoctions to moisturize my hair. One natural hair Youtuber by the name of UTubeHairCare that I'm subscribed to mentioned in her video how important it is that we do this. Especially if you're trying to retain length & healthy hair. So, I thanked her for that friendly reminder in her video.
Regime-
-Co-wash once or twice a week
-Shampoo my hair twice a month instead of once a month
-Mint spritz my hair just about every day.
-Use EVOO or my Proclaim Natural 7 Oils more often
-Braid hair in 8 braids. Use: a mixture of Patene Pro V's conditioner for women of color relax/natural, oils, & water.
-I'm back to taking my One a day vitamins. Something very important that US women need to take.


Anywho, check out UTubeHairCare's video below. Very informative...

Let me know what you think...

5 comments:

  1. You are so pretty ! And your curls are lovely <3 You remind me of British singer Corinne Bailey :)

    Please comment/follow my blog &
    I'll definitely return the favor :)

    www.happykikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. taking care of natural hair is really harsh.. i barely use anything on mine.
    Do you just take any vitamins btw?

    I know i got the award from you (thanks again) but i tagged this blog on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica that's not me in the video. But Thanks. She's one of my favorite Youtuber's

    @Sauniya what do you use on your hair. Are you transitioning...I wanted to take the B-12 vitamin along with the one I take every now & then One Daily. I heard Vitamin E is good when placing it directly to your hair & scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. basically just the herbal essence shampoo when i wash it, olive oil moisturiser, and Dr miracle on the hair line and hair ends. i am thinking about maybe trying one of those vitamins..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea see what that does for you. It'll probably take a month for your body to get use to it & see/feel a difference in your hair. I forget the name of the vitamin that helps with hair growth....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)