Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Still Here!!!!

So I've abandoned this blog since I've started blogging back at http://www.glamnolabelz.com/ 


My personal blog really got me through a lot of things that were and still going on. Situations are lighter, my relationship with God is closer than ever, and trying to maintain a relationship with my God takes time.  Aside from that, I've been so dedicated in raising money for a Essay Contest for AVID high school Seniors in my community (Where I graduated from), that have been accepted to a university for Fall 2011. This essay contest/project is dear to me.


Overall I've been trying to get donations from any & everyone. Big or small. Working on something like this takes a lot of work, and a bit stressful. I myself don't have a job. I know quit a few people that would love to donate but, they have been hit hard by the economy as many of us have. So I had to make new relationships, and tweet about this as often as I could without being a pest & looking like a spammer lol.


I never thought I could pull something like this off, but I have.


It's crazy ...because I was in a dark place, and the storm didn't seem like it would ever be over. In the mist of it all, I found ways to ease my pain a little. Reading the bible, talking to God, writing, talking to women who believe in the Lord, and this essay contest.


When I'm determined to do something, it gets done ON time without a doubt. Not to sound like I'm bragging, but when I was in college (Ewww, I sound old saying that lol) it would be the week of finals/midterms and I had papers that were due that week, I would start them that week, turn it in ON time and get a great grade on it. Nothing less than a B+ ever.


I'm not afraid to say I'm great at what I do. As one of my followers said, and I just read her post (well two ladies), I can't recall who said it, but it was about dreams. Things are easier said than done & I agree. There's a lot that we want to do, but where do you start? Or how?


I say go for it, and as you're in the process of making it happen learn as you go.


My mentoring program is just ONE of the many things that I want & plan to do. I wouldn't mind starting my own business, doing some PR work, & other things. Remember we're not limited. 


Thank you for the comments & love. I look forward to getting to know you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :)