Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Support System...Share Your Story

I miss having a strong support system...
People that actually care
Want to see you succeed
Want the best for you

TRULY love you...

A lot of people don't reciprocate what I do for them in return
Luckily I study the word. 
He made ME this way
I will not change because something is NOT being given back in return
I refuse to be selfish
I have my moments
But overall, that's not me...
I'm definitely putting it out there in the universe...praying on it.
God deliver the type of people I can learn something with.
Can correct me & share their wisdom.
That keep YOU first in their lives
Has had trials & tribulations...
REAL...

Many are afraid to own up to real life situations..
Being cheated on
Dropping out of school
Having a degree & stuck at home with parents
Suffering from depression
Not living their purpose
Struggling

This is not to say be happy or excited about these things
But be HONEST...OPEN
Why feel sorry?
Share your story!
You may inspire & uplift someone in the midst of your storm
What's your story?

3 comments:

  1. Whew... I could say a mouth full about all of this. I'm dealing with support issues currently, and it's affecting everything I do. I try not to talk much about it when things like this bother me, because I was taught that this sounds like complaining. I'm surrounded by people who believe the best way to handle things are to keep them to yourself, pray, and move on. Now I am a firm believer of prayer, however, I also believe that God puts people in our lives to help us, encourage us, inspire us, and strengthen us as well.

    For me, it seems like every time I make a lifestyle change, the people in my life rearrange. I change schools, I lose friends. I have children, I lose friends. I drop out of school, I lose friends. I go back to school, get a good job, and graduate... AND STILL LOSE FRIENDS. I move, I gain some friends. I lose the old ones. I get married, I lose friends. Family members become distant. I lose loved ones, the friends I thought I had become nonexistent. Whenever I am able to give of myself and help others, I seem to be surrounded by folks, but whenever I need, it gets cold and lonely. And that feeling sucks.

    Though I have seen some rough days, and been through some hard times, I've also been very blessed. And when I find myself going through it, instead of being disappointed by who isn't there for me, I show my appreciation to the few that are there. When I accomplish something small or large, I show my appreciation to those who are there to congratulate me. When you take the time to focus on who is there, even if it's only one and only for a season, you will begin to focus less on the love and support you don't seem to have.

    And I am trying my hardest to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can go on and on for days about this topic. My support system sucks, i only have myself and HIM, which is all i need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. That's all that matters in the long run girl.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)