Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Walk With Christ...Cleaning House.

I've been MIA when it comes to me sharing what's the "tea" with me. Whether it's fitness related, life, or relationships. Welp, one reason is that I've been focusing on my mentoring program (MYGirls). The other reason being that I've been putting in more time & focusing on my relationship with God. Looking for a new church, making adult decisions, etc.

I recently attended a single nights fellowship a week ago that was super informational & fun. It was nice to be around a group of women who wanted the same things I did. But also had a past. We all do. No one is perfect. Not even a Christian! It was cool because I didn't feel like an outsider, or that I would be judged.

I bring that up because, I recently closed a chapter in my life that I've left open for those "rainy days". I mentioned something similar a year or so ago in the blog post The Little Black (Back Up) Book. But in this case, I was dealing with material possessions that had memories from my past. We think we're putting something behind us, when we're still in fact holding on to a few things that WE need to let go!

I was holding on to something from the past. Something that no longer existed, but still had a place in my life/heart. It's funny that many of us want, want, want, but we're the main reason why we don't see these things manifest. We get upset with God..LETS BE HONEST...we get upset with God & wonder what's the hold up...

You want that God fearing mate, that will love you for YOU, but you're holding on to your past relationship(s). How can you make room for the new, & you're holding on to the old (past)?

You want that awesome new job, but you're not doing anything to PREPARE for it?

You want new clothes, but you still have clothing in your drawers & closet full of clothes that you can no longer fit, or wear.

Make room for what it is you WANT, & stand firm into believing you will receive it!

"You can pray for anything, & if you have faith, you will receive it." - Matthew 21:22

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I needed to read this post today. I've been holding on to a lot of unneeded stuff but wanting more in my life. It's time to clean house. Thank you for your post, it truly moved me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post Nae. Many blessings your way

      Delete
  2. This is a motivation to do something I've put on hold for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)