Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Joyce Meyer: Give a Love That Liberates

Love is liberating. It provides a sense of belonging & sense of freedom. Love does not try to control or manipulate others or reach fulfillment through the destiny of others.

Jesus said that He was sent by God to proclaim liberty. As believers, that is what we are meant to do also, to free people to fulfill God's will for their lives, not to bring them under our control.

I have discovered that trying to make people do what I want them to do closes the door for God to speak to their hearts. We need to release the people in our lives to be all they can be for God's glory, not our own.

Set people free & they will love you for it. Don't be manipulative. Instead, learn to let God be in control of their lives.

A person who has great love is one who is able to release people & things. Today, don't be a person who controls, but one who freely gives the liberating love that comes from God.

I highly suggest you read The Mastery of Love. It's a great book & great perspective on love & how we should look at it. The words Joyce speaks here, reminds me of that book. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Ashley. I've been reading a few things about love and giving it freely lately. Actually, one of Joyce Meyer's segments inspired those reads. I admit that I have control issues and one of the hardest things I'm learning is that people are not always gonna respond to me in the way that I want them to. Like you've said, trying to control others is blocking God from doing any work within those situations. I don't want to block my blessings any longer, so I have to let that control freak side of me rest. It's a struggle though :(

    I'm gonna go pick up The Mastery of Love. It sounds like something I need! Thanks for the inspiration, Ashley, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You & me both. That's how I was...I say was because I'm changing my ways. It takes time..patience. I wish you the best though :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)