Thursday, February 28, 2013

Joyce Meyer: Finding the Answers and Power You Need in the Word


When people ask me where to start reading the Bible, I tell them there’s really no wrong place to start. You can study anything that’s going to help you.

When I first started studying the Word, I didn't have very good relationships because I didn't really understand what love was. So that’s what I studied.

As I studied the subject of love, I learned that it’s more than a gooey feeling. By studying what the Bible says  about love, I learned how to love. Then my life began to change.

Whatever you’re dealing with, you can find scripture about it by using a concordance. For example, if you’re dealing with anger or fear, flip to the concordance in the back of your Bible & locate those words to see which scriptures talk about those issues.

If you can’t think of anything right away, thumb through the concordance & pick a subject that grabs your attention. Begin looking at all scriptures referenced with this word & read them. Ask Holy Spirit to lead you & reveal truth to you.

No matter where you start, remember that the Word is alive & has something for you today!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Ashley. This gives me a reminder that I need to get back to love and that I need to read my word more often! And I mean really study it! Hope all is well with you, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share this & allow God to stir that up within you. I owe it all to Him :)blessings to you Dre.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)