Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Joyce Meyer: Take Responsibility for Your Happiniess

One of the most important lessons I have learned is that I cannot count on someone else to make me happy. God has given us the ability to take responsibility for our own happiness.

A lot of people aren't happy unless a certain person behaves a certain way, or unless a certain situations works out just the way they want it to. Every day we let our happiness depend on other people & situations, when in reality, God wants us to find our happiness in Him.

There was a time when I would feel sorry for myself if Dave went to play golf the day after one of our big conferences, I wanted him to go shopping or watch a movie with me. But God showed me that we have different ways of relaxing & unwinding.

That's just one example, but there are so many ways that we put unrealistic expectations on people & rely on them to keep us happy. God wants us to look to Him first & rely on Him for our happiness.

***You can find this devotional plan, along with others from the YouVerison Bible app under Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! I am so in agreement,I always tell people on my Facebook that they are responsible for their own happiness, depending on people means that if they aren't there your joy isn't there as well which is not on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Glad you can see the point given here. I think once people grasp this part of life, they would live in JOY & not settle for mediocre.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)