Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Down Time: Me Time

The other morning I was meditating from the foot of my bed. Took time out to have a constructive, and detailed conversation with God. It felt so good. I was able to be so honest with myself. There were layered issues I was dealing with unconsciously. 


Anyways...


Different things have been sticking out to me & I would overlook them. I've been noticing others talk about it (Stuff that's been on my mind lately) and all I could think is that this is a sign. I may feel lonely and very vulnerable right now, but God is working on me. He's peeling back layers that I wasn't able to deal with the past 6+ years. This down time that has me in and out of a zone is a time where I need to use it on getting to know ME, make the necessary changes, and love myself all over again.


I wouldn't have been able to confront myself months ago about this...If I knew what I know now.... But, I can't keep fighting what I'm going through. I can't run from God. He will want me to deal with whatever he wants me to face..."You can't run from your problems". That is a true statement indeed. 


So, during this down time, I will be using it to allow myself to be more comfortable in my skin and what is handed to me. Nothing or no one is perfect. I do strive for excellence, and when I lack in different areas I really do beat myself up about it.


At the end of the day, I'm glad I believe in God who died on the cross for MY sins. Because without him, I don't know where I would be.


I'll take this time to reflect on my blessings, be able to trust the opposite sex, secretly forgive HIM, and other things. Just keep me in your prayers....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :)