Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Walk With Christ: Persistence Wins in the End!

Luke 18:1 out of the NLT version sparked me to do this post. It states:
"One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always PRAY and never GIVE UP."

How many times have we given up on a dream or goal that God has planted within us or put something on our hearts to only walk away from it?
How often do we give up on God because we think our timing is better than His plan?
Everything that I'm speaking of is directed to myself as well.

What stuck out to me in Luke 18: 1-7 was that this widow was persistent even though she knew that this judge didn't care about the people, nor did he fear God!
Like really? 
Why would you even feel as though what you come to this judge, or he would hear you out about it? Or better yet, harm you?
Fear was something that didn't live within this woman. She was PERSISTENT!
She wanted justice! It also says "The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, 'I don't fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I'm going to see that she gets justice  because she is wearing me out with her CONSTANT REQUEST!" Luke 18: 4,5
Key word: "for a while" therefore she kept coming back, and he finally gave in!

Whew!
My message here is don't allow a situation, or the process to scare you from what awaits for YOU at the end. There will be times when things don't come easy & you will need to be persistent in doing what it is He has called you to do. But call on HIM!
You cannot have a testimony without a what? TEST!

"Then the Lord said, "Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day & night? - Luke 18: 6,7

I'm learning to be persistent in crying out to God about everything.
Seeking Him in all that I do!
Remember to keep going. He will always be by your side.
God bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :)