Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Joyce Meyer: Every Day Is a New Day


God wants us to have joy in the midst of our ordinary, everyday life, even on the worst days of our life.

There were times in my life when I dreaded facing each day. All I could think about was my circumstances, wondering how Dave & I were going to pay the bills or get everything done that we needed to do. Sometimes I wanted to pull the covers my head & just stay in bed.

I was so wrapped up in worry that I was missing the point: God had created a new day, & He created it so that I could enjoy it.

Every single day is filled with all kinds of situations that could upset you, things like losing your car keys or getting caught in a traffic jam. But you can choose to be at peace & control in the midst of them.

When you & I take our minds of ourselves & our circumstances & put our focus on God & loving others, we are embracing an attitude that will bring honor to Him & enable us to view every day as an exciting, new gift from God.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if you care about the commentary cause you don't bother to comment back or try to engage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't care. I care a great deal. But these are posts that I have scheduled. Also, I've been very busy with a lot in my own personal life & for some reason I don't receive emails letting me know about new comments. My apologize. If you ever want to get in contact with me you can email me.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)