Friday, June 17, 2011

Product Review: Organic Root Stimulator-Olive Oil (Serum)

I'm going to get straight to the point. I hate it! I thought I liked it the first time I tried it (Months ago). But now that this is my second time using it, there's nothing I like about it. Well maybe that it's protecting my hair from the heat (I don't know how you can tell).


I don't think it's the brand that I don't like but the product. I purchased the serum versus another type (There's different types...wet spray) because I thought it would be best to get a heat protector that wasn't wet. But the serum feels really harsh on my hair. Almost like a bad relaxer that made my hair coarse.


Size: 6FL. OZ. 
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane , Methyl Soyate , Dimethicone , Cyclomethicone , Dimethiconol , Amodimethicone , Aminopropyl Phenyl Trimethicone , Isopropyl Myristate , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Methyl Olivate , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Parfum (Fragrance) , Amyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , d-Limonene , Linalool

Price: 
$7-$9 
Purchased: Wal Mart
Directions: Apply to damp or dry hair. Use a heat tool to style your hair.


Rating: 1/5


It makes my hair feel hard, brittle, stiff, and dry. Basically the opposite of what I want. I'm use to my hair being soft, bouncy, shiny, and feeling nice after I flat iron my hair (With a relaxer *when I was wearing one* & without).


How did you apply it? I applied the product on my hair while it was wet (After a wash/co-wash) to get the full affect of my hair being straight.


How long have you been using it? This is my second time using it. If I recall correctly, I bought this in Jan. when I first straightened my hair this year.


What's the purpose of a heat protector? To protect your hair from heat damage.


How can heat damage harm your hair? The few ways that I know of are: mess with your curl pattern, burn your hair, mess with your ends. (Research other ways)


How does it feel? It's oily like baby oil. So it helps with shine somewhat. But you have to make sure you don't apply a lot to your hair. It smells so great!!! Like a cherry scent...lol


Long story short, maybe I should start looking at the ingredients in products. But first, I need to know what they ALL mean ::rolls eyes:: lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :)