Sunday, December 2, 2012

Guess What I Got? ...Headed Towards A Healthier Me!

So Friday, I finally received my NutriBullet that I ordered online via Target.com. I was super pumped. So happy that I barely read the directions on how to use it (which I do with most gadgets). Below is what I came up with....

This time around, this juice tasted how it looked...nasty! Lol. I just added anything that I HAD (fruits & veggies) in there. Well, you usually can't go round with doing that. My mistake is that I added guacamole instead of avocado to it. Ew! Avocado is great when added to your fruits & veggies when juicing. They say it makes it creamy...yum!

So anyways, I'll be spending this time till the 5th researching recipes for the fruits & veggies I like to eat, & want to try out. Also, there's recipes that promote energy, detoxing, etc.
-1 diced red apple-
Also,  for clarification. I'm not going on a diet. My intake won't be just the things I juice. I'll be eating like I've normally have, BUT I'll be adding a juice drink ( at least 1) everyday.
-flaxseed meal-
-water-
[finished product]
I got a question asking if you can add yogurt to the juice. I think that would make it more of a smoothie, but I could be wrong. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's all about your taste & how much you want to get out of juicing.

Many people ONLY use organic produce. I, myself can't go that route. It's not in my budget. I just make sure I wash my items really well.

Some people have juiced for 21 days & even 30 days. Those seem to be the popular lengths of days. The only thing that they consume is water, fruits & veggies  that they've juiced. I don't suggest it, but some do it for the purpose of losing weight, detoxing the body, etc. Research the pros & cons of why you're juicing. 

Anywho, I've heard great things about the NutriBulllet which is why I purchased it. I'm not sure if I will be doing a review on it, but we'll see.

Ps. I've been juicing since Friday. Saturday marked the official day that I made a great tasting juice. Recipe will be posted soon.

3 comments:

  1. Cute bullet i was thinking about purchaseing one but i think im going to just stick with my blender! And your question about adding yogurt to the juice! It does make it a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At least you're using your gadget & not letting it sit around. What do you like to usually make with your blender?

      Delete
  2. that sounds good. i think replacing one of you meals by a veggy or fruity juice or even a mixture of both can help you lose weight. i dont know how the people who take juice and water only do it.. i dont think that would give you pleasant result when you have to go to the bathroom (if you know what i mean).
    on good thing i like is fruit smoothies, they make awesome snacks.
    definitely let us know how it is going for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)